2021 Book of
The IFI Book of Fastener Standards is a convenient “one-stop” compilation of the most commonly used fastener standards for inch fasteners and non-ISO metric fasteners. The book contains 96 separate standard specifications issued by ASTM, ASME, SAE and IFI. This 2021 edition represents 80 years of continued development in fastener standards and practice since the first edition was published in 1941. During this period, copies have been distributed to major manufacturing and construction interests throughout the world. The IFI Book of Standards is considered a “BIBLE” for designers, manufacturing engineers, and managers in all industries. Click here to order this essential compilation today.
IFI is now offering a NEW IFI Online Book of Fastener Standards in addition to the traditional hardcover format. The IFI Online Book of Fastener Standards contains 96 separate standard specifications issued by ASTM, ASME, SAE and IFI. The subscription is a convenient “one-stop” collection that is always current of the most commonly used fastener standards for inch fasteners and non-ISO metric fasteners. The IFI Online Book of Fastener Standards will always provide the most recent revision of the standards, making it the perfect source of the latest standards for an auditable quality management system. Click here to subscribe to IFI’s always up-to-date standards compilation.
IFI Technology Connection (ITC)
30 day free trial available
The IFI Technology Connection is the most comprehensive online fastener data resource available today for both inch and metric products. A simple 10 second pull down menu query provides all technical information related to any given fastener including dimensions, mechanical properties, finish data, and tightening information in a single sheet which can be printed out as a .pdf file with one click.
Bulletins & Whitepapers
The following resources are available free of charge and we encourage you to use this information and share it with your colleagues. For a copy of Influence of Phosphorus on Fastener Integrity, please contact us.
- Bulletin – 10 Questions about Final FQA
- For Users of Dip-spin Finishes
- Head Splits and Bursts Prevention and Detection – Brahimi
- Integrity of High Strength Fasteners for Aircraft Structures – Brahimi
- ISO Fastener Standards Should Be Used for All Metric Fasteners
- Manufacturer’s Identification Mark Registration
- Stainless – 304 vs F593
- The Critical Fastener Facts Every Fastener Supplier and User Should Know 151020
- Why ISO Standards Should Be Preferred For Metric Fasteners
- 1. Review Paper – Hydrogen Embrittlement in Fasteners – Brahimi-2014
- 2. Review Paper – Hydrogen Embrittlement in Coated Steel Fasteners – Brahimi-2006
- 3. HE characteristics of two tempered martensitic steels – Brahimi-2016
- 4. Alloy and composition dependence of HEsusceptibility in high-strength steel fasteners – Brahimi-2017
- 5. Summary HE Susceptibility of Bainite for High Strength Steel Fasteners – Brahimi-2015
- 6. HE Susceptibility of Bainite for High Strength Steel Fasteners – Saliby-2017
- 7. HE Susceptibility of Case Hardened Steel Fasteners – Medcalf-2018
- 8. McGill HE FacilityB0. Brahimi References qualification of coatings on A490 bolts
- B0. Brahimi References qualification of coatings on A490 bolts
- B1. Brahimi 2006 Qualification of Dacromet for use with ASTM A490 high-strength structural bolts
- B2. Brahimi 2011 Qualification of ASTM F2833 coatings for use on ASTM A490 high strength structural bolts
- B3. Brahimi 2014 Qualification of ASTM F1136 non-chrome GEOMET 321 for use with ASTM A490 high-strength structural bolts
- B4. Brahimi 2017 Qualification of F3019/F3019M coatings DELTA PROTEKT KL 105 for use on ASTM A490 high strength structural bolts
- B5. Brahimi 2021 Qualification of F3019/F3019M coatings DELTA PROTEKT KL 120 for use on ASTM A490 high strength structural bolts
Follow us on YouTube
Visit our YouTube channel to learn more about opportunities in the fastener industry, IFI’s member benefits, and take a tour of our online tools.