The IFI Technology Connection™ (ITC) is the product of years of development and is the world’s most comprehensive and authoritative web-based tool for fastener technology information. All the data in inch fastener standards (ASME-ASTM-SAE-IFI) and ISO metric fastener standards have been integrated in the ITC. The IFI Technology Connection™ also includes many calculators, cross references, converters, technical bulletins, and inch and metric tools.
IFI members receive one complimentary subscription to the ITC. If you are an IFI member and are logged into this website you should see a price of zero.
The ITC site is divided into several modules. Each one provides different technical information related to mechanical fasteners.
1. Standards look-up database for the most popular inch fasteners from #0 – 4 inches and M1.6 – M64 metric fasteners. This includes bolts, screws, non-locking nuts, locking nuts, plus plain and locking washers.
- Thread size data, it automatically changes sizes based on plating.
- Other Dimensional data including straightness
- Mechanical and material data including hardness, tensile, and shear values
- Tightening torque calculation based on the selected fastener finish using the T=DPK formula.
- Locking performance requirements
- Testing requirements
- Sample sizes for inspection
2. Helpful conversion tools
- Inch – metric
- Hardness to tensile strength for various scales
- Product weights
- Fraction to decimal
3. Application tools
- Tapping screw hole sizes
- Thread strength calculator for determining minimum depth of engagement to fully utilize bolt or screw strength.
4. Technical Support – when subscribers have questions to which they cannot find answers they can email questions to the IFI technical staff from within the site. Answers are provided within 24 hours.
Time Saving Benefit to Subscribers
Stop wasting time searching through a multitude of standards books or looking on the internet for hours to find technical information about mechanical fasteners. This one source will give you most of what you will ever need with just a few mouse clicks. If the answer to your question is not here the IFI technical staff will get it for you promptly.